Friday 23 March 2007

Time verses Money

I had a long chat with someone today about charging money for what I do (tarot readings etc).....

Two and a half years ago I opened the website www.psychicvisions.org and even then it cost me a fair bit and has done so ever since, in that time I would say I have spent 1000,s of hours building the site, writing pages and spending countless evenings in the chat rooms teaching tarot, doing readings etc etc etc....all for free

As a Reiki master I now teach reiki, but for many years felt charging for healing wasn't for me so whoever needed it I was there, my distance healing list grows daily and never once did I think about the cost.........

Most of us work so charging is not always an issue, but there are many readers, healers, astrologers etc etc out there that don't work full time and rely on an income from what they do.

I work full time so I have an income, but still charge for tarot readings, and Reiki courses and other workshops I do, I still don't charge for healing, but I don't actively advertise it and besides are you paying for healing or the healers time?

The website still takes up a lot of my time, ..... has it made me any money? well no , unless you count the £2.89 I have made from the Amazon links............

Many of us do this because we care, and in my case because it's my passion and I enjoy it.....

If I ever give up full time work I would also charge for healing, or should I say charge for my time, up to now 80% of what I do, I do free.

This person I was talking to was asked if he would work 5 days a week and only get paid for one and he shugged and said of course not, I replied with "On top of that would you pay for the privalege of going to work?"... he laughed

So told him what I do already for free is around 80% of what I charge for and then pay out Hundreds each year to run the websites and the development circles and the healing.........

I could go on but think you get the point, he didn't press me for his free reading...... come to think of it he changed the subject..................................

2 comments:

Richie said...

You've already made more than double what I made through my website!

I think the number of people who make money through their blogs is limited, most people can't spend the time needed to monetize a blog.

On the subject of charging for healing etc., well, doctors charge, why can't you?

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you!!

Besides what Dr. Usui pointed out as monetary gifts being an exchange & balancing of energy--EVERY other culture recognizes this too.

The village shaman never went hungry and never lacked for a home--all things were provided for.

Times have changed..the barter system's not used much anymore, so money maintains the balance of energies exchanged.