Saturday 13 October 2007

What's it like to be psychic, Part 4

To start this series of articles from the beginning go to Part 1

So far we have talked about some basics about the psychic world and in a way hopefully made it sound quite simple, well really it is, I believe we are all psychic, or at least have the potential to use out psychic side.

You just need to be shown how, it’s a bit like getting something for the first time and again I will use the computer as an example.

Not long back I updated my paint shop programme to version 8 from version 4, now I got it from someone that no longer needed it and as always the books were not part of what I was given, I loaded the programme and it asked me ‘did I want to over write the existing version’ I clicked yes.

When I opened it for the first time there was very little I recognised, it had completely changed, so over the next few days I had to play around with it and learn how things worked (and what didn’t) I was frustrating to try and do things when your not sure how to do it, but when you get the hang of it you end up really pleased with yourself and impressed when you discover new applications it can do and how easy other thing are that used to take ages.

So it’s the same with what ever we do, if you learn how something works and your own limitations, then it gets easier, once you know how to ’switch on’ or use your psychic application then doing actual psychic ‘stuff’ is just a matter of practice, it really is that easy.

Working with your psychic side has certain aspects attached to it that make it work, and understanding these principles helps you understand what is going on when you switch on or tune in, and our energy field plays a great part in that, the aura.

Here is another exercise you can try but you may need at least three other participants,
Sit in a chair facing away from the other volunteers and ask one of them to stand behind you and lightly lay their hand s on your shoulders, ask them not to speak so you have no idea which one it is standing there behind you, then with your eyes closed just say the first things that come to mind, you may get images flashing through your head or feelings that don’t seem to be yours, you may sense names, places objects or colours, just go with it relax and say the first things that you are experiencing, don’t think about it, because once your mind kicks in you will lose the intuitive flow.
After a while you can try to guess who is behind you, you may just ‘know, it’s a women and has fair hair, and that is fine, now see if your are right, and ask the person that was standing there for some feedback and if anything you said made sense to them, again it doesn’t matter if it sound like garbage to you, it’s not for you, as long as the person standing behind you understands what you have said then you have succeeded.

Look out for Part 5


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great step by step stuff, us flowers are working on letting the pre conditioned layers melt away right now...tapping back into our instinct!

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The natural side to energy flow can enbale people to feel more comfortable with your exercises. I like the steps you suggest. Societies often condition people to assume weird theings about psychic ability and any kind of negativity blocks the energy flow.

Bob Johnson said...

Another great post, I'm interested in the aura, could you see mine? and you said it has something to do with your psychic ability, can you tell if someone has potential for being a good psychic by viewing their personal aura?

myonlyphoto said...

You know Peter, what I like about your posts or more about you, you believe that everyone has a chance. It is great encouragement, it makes you try different things, not just psychic. Your example with the computer was perfect. Next time I get that many people in the room I will try this. Long time I ago when I was still in university, I used to take martial arts to relief stress. We did similar exercise, but you had to close your eyes, and just feel for the punch coming your way - it worked. You are right about letting go, thinking to much can block everything. Thanks again for your insightful post, and will be back for part 5. Anna :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Scruffyhippo,
I too am psychic and also a medium. I have to say it's been a long road coming out and trusting my own psychic abilities.

I also read about your heart attack last year and hope that you are well.

Beth Berry
www.lightofbrian.com