Thursday 27 September 2007

What is it like to be psychic? Part 1

What is it like to be psychic?


Well before I can answer that question, first I should try to explain what psychic is….

Like a lot of words, the meanings get twisted and changed about by different people and different countries, everyone has there own idea what something is or what something means, so I think first we need to set the record straight.

I could look up the meaning in the wiki pages but all I end up doing is using someone else’s words, so here goes; psychic is nothing spooky, we all have the built in hardware and software to use our psychic ability, it’s similar to our intuitive level, slightly more tuned but the same, we all use our intuition every day women more so than men, that’s because the female intuition is better tuned than the male counter part.

Intuition is where you use that gut feeling to act upon something, either that you ‘know’ is right or that you ‘know’ to be wrong, we’ve all used it or even acted against it and regretted it afterwards, many psychics work on what is known as a clairsentient level, that is ‘to feel or sense’ again intuitively, I work on what is known as a clairvoyant level, that is ‘to see’, in other words I get images, symbols and pictures in my head, so for instance I could look at someone and ‘see’ a blue stone set ring, that could mean a few things and this is where the hard bit comes in is the interpretation of what you get, it could mean they have just been given or bought a ring like that, it could mean they have lost a ring like that or it could mean none of the above and they have just painted their front room blue, so now I hear you asking, where do the images come from, ok this is a tricky one because no one really knows (although they may say they do) but my understanding of it is this; some years back (about 20 years in fact) I used to record a lot of music on cassette tapes (you remember those) and up to a few years back still had them, when I played them back after many years the data on them had faded and the music was not very clear.

You record everything you do and what you think, say or even dream, you record it into your electro magnetic field better known as your aura, it’s all there from birth, although the older memories and thoughts and feelings are harder to pick up on as the energy holding them fades although always there, a bit like the cassette tapes.

What a psychic does in act as the tape player and plugs in to those energy signals, which is why the more recent ones normally come out in psychic readings and intuitive card readings, to get deeper requires time and can even be done at a distance without knowing a thing about the person, you may of heard of something called retentive energies on so called TV programmes dealing with the subject of hauntings or mediums, this is actually true, buildings have an electro magnetic field as does every other living and material thing in existence, so even the house you live in retains some of your emotions, be it love or anger................

Go To Part 2

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insight. I truly believe that the human potential in sensory/extrasensory perception and communication is probably utilized at a maximum of about 10% of our true capacity at any given time. I'd like to develop my own potential so much more so in this regard. Glad to have found your blog.

Shirley Twofeathers said...

A nice explanation! A key factor, I think, is believing in what you are seeing or feeling. If, whenever I have an "intuition", a "hunch", or a "knowing", and I say to myself that I'm just imagining things and I ignore it - those intuitive perceptions will begin to fade because I am filtering them out. However, if I respect my "knowings" enough to give them value and validity in my experience, then they grow stronger and more accurate over time.

So... there's my two cents!

I also wanted to tell you that I am in the process today of adding your links to several of my blogs! Particularly, The Prosperity Project.. and a number of the others as well.

Have a great day!

myonlyphoto said...

Peter, very well written, thanks for sharing, will be waiting for part 2. Anna:)

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi karen, you are right, but I believe we can all do more.

Two feathers, belief is a key factor, but is also the hardest part to get across to people, and thankyou for the links, I'm honoured :)

Anna, part 2 is written and I am on part 4 already :) should be on soon.

Bob Johnson said...

Good explaination! makes it a little more clear to me.

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi Bob and thanks, it's a bit like trying to explain what loster taste like if someone has not had it :)

I've had so many questions asking what being psychic is like and I hope these articles help explain it.

Anonymous said...

Popular culture most often portrays people with heightened sensitivities as being weird or bizarre, or as characters in some fantasy. Its nice to gain insight into a more positive and detailed explanation that applies to our view of the world. I added Scruffy Hippo to my blogroll.

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi Liara and thankyou for adding me, I am honoured :)

This is the idea behind these articles and hopefully people will see that being psychic is an everyday thing some have to work with, many things are taught using normal connections around us and psychic mechanics can be explained on the same level, if I can help a few poeple understand a little bit more then I have succeded in what I set out to do :)