Wednesday 22 August 2007

10 Things I would like to do before I die

Life can seem so short when you want to do many things, at 49 years of age my list is still as long as it was when I was 29, so I compiled a short list of the things I would like to do in this life time below.

These are the 10 things in no particular order.

1. I've never really travelled much so would love to do Egypt and a trip to Kenya.

2. Learn to fly a helicopter, (I took flying lessons and can fly a plane already).

3. Learn to swim and go scuba diving, (49 and swim like a brick with holes in).

4. Swim with dolphins, (this of course depends on 3)

5. Publish a book, (have written down a few ideas and started one but thats it).

6. Find the meaning of life, (ok this may not happen, but I'm working on it).

7. Have enough space to keep at least a dozen retired Greyhounds.

8. See a volcano in action.

9. Try fresh lobster.

10.Drive a decent car that doesn't always seem to break down or need repairing.

A meme is an idea, project, statement or even a question that is posted by one blog and responded to by other blogs. Although the term encompasses much of the natural flow of communication in the Blogosphere, there are active bloggers and blog sites that are dedicated to the creation of memes on a regular basis, so a meme involves 'tagging' someone else to do a post on your given subject, in this case '10 Things I would like to do before I die' .

This is our first and for this I tag Lisa. See lisa's entries Here

7 comments:

myonlyphoto said...

I love the list. Yeah I swim like a brick, but for me it is more fear than anything else. Excellent post. Anna :)

Femikey said...

thanks for the comments on my blogs, im glad coz u find interesting topic on there, u got a nice blog too, wish i could travel around the world too like u before i die hehe :-) thanks again and hav a nice day!

Lisa McGlaun said...

Okay...I'll play. Check out my blog in a little while to see my answers to this question.

Thanks Scruffy!

Lisa

Scruffyhippo said...

anna; mines fear to I got thrown in fully dressed as a kid, put me off for years, slowly breaking it now tho.

femikey;You got a lot of years left to travel, who knows whats round the corner for you.

lisa; Thankyou your a great sport ;)and yes I have looked amazing post.

myonlyphoto said...

...my fear, three friends of my drowned in the local river and many other kids in our town...I don't think I ever get this fear out of my system....oh well, I prefer walking anyway lol. Anna :)

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

learn to swim and get with the dolphins. i had to overcome huge fears to snorkel...but i did it and the dolphins gave me a great healing.

so glad i found your wonderfully, wise blog!

j

Scruffyhippo said...

Thankyou julia, and welcome to Scruffyhippo's blog :)