Friday 24 August 2007

The Process of Mediumship

Process of Mediumship

As a psychic, the process of mediumship intruges me, now I don't actually call myself a medium, I use the term psychic clairvoyant, now as a psychic, a psychic works with the person or aura where as a medium works with the energy of people who have moved on to the next world, the spirit world, it's a bit like picking up the phone without dialing a number and hoping someone is on the other end in other words we have little to no control on the outcome of each session.

Each reading is unique and has it's own special and personal ear markings.
No , mediumship reading is alike and you will not experience it in the same way even twice.Mediums are as almost as varied as their readings. Each carrying their own unique style into the work.But there are some constants in mediumship that you should be made aware of.

VALIDATION : True mediumship seeks validation from the spirits that come through.There are many ways for a spirit to validate who they are to you. You, being the person that is receiving the reading and desiring the contact.
In mediumship circles the person or persons being read for are know as the sitter or sitters . You, as the sitter have a very special job during a reading .
By your personal knowledge or through the personal knowledge of others known to the spirit you can validate or invalidate certain information that comes forth as the result of a medium reading .
Some of this information can be validated during the course of a reading.
While some information may require validation after the reading with friends or other family members whom are privy to this certain info.
Here are some examples of ways in which a spirit may try to validate who they are :

Sometimes the medium will get the names very clearly or just the initial, why? Because not all mediums hear, some ‘sense’ the information, some are shown, the signal is a bit like morse code or a series of dashes the dashes being the information coming through the gaps the missing info or quite spots.

Also the spirit's personality traits may be described.

Most spirits are willing to show how they passed to the medium, how? Either by giving the medium a sense of the area that hurt before they passed or by showing them with pictures and symbols, or by telling them.

Often spirits will give important dates of reference to further validate themselves.They have been known to mention other family members. Sometimes calling them by name .They have also been known to mention a recent event even if small in your current life or other family members lives to show awareness of the here and now and their spiritual presence at the event.

They have been known to show past events.

They have even been known show their favourite flower , book , song or any favourite from their life or even yours.

And just to surprise us. They have even been known to find some really unique way of validating themselves that we probably have not even thought of yet.

All in all . the spirit may choose to use any of the above methods or even none of them. But they will find a way to validate themselves. Sometimes a sitter will hold out for a specific validation that they asked the spirit for in advance.
Sometimes this method works but also a lot of times it doesn't .
That is why it is very important not to place any preconceived expectations on the reading .
If you get your special validation great and if you do not , just know that it is not always possible. It is a good idea during a medium reading to take notes or even tape record the reading, but this is down to an individual as to if this is allowed.
Because you will want some kind of record of information received. And you will not want to depend on memory to help you sort out the information later .
One reason is because medium readings can have a over whelming effect initially and you would most likely forget more than you remembered. A medium reading is and always should be considered a special event in a person's life.

Just remember it’s not like being a rock star or an actor, who have spent age learning their lines or rehearsing their music, when a medium starts a reading be it in public or private, they start with nothing! and only have the trust in spirit and themselves that something will happen, no more and no less.

A psychic can switch it on, without fail, every time, working mediums have my utmost respect.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Well Written. I Couldn't express it any better....thank you to you.

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi melissa, thankyou for your comment, great to see you here :)

myonlyphoto said...

Peter, I think I am hooked on your blog. This is very interesting post. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I fear water, I fear spirits...I think there are too many stories about that stuff in our family. However, most of the communication I been hearing is sometimes usually through dreams, not sure if this is the same thing. Recently my dad told me a story how some relative had this dream about his deceased father was asking him for pair of pants, and kept coming back until son finally asked to dig the body out and found out that the funeral home only gave him top of the suit. Its funny story, but its true, and not sure if it fits in with your story...Anna :) and again great post.

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi anna, yes dreams are a way spirit will communicate with you, before I get into this , I must say, that spirit will not give you or show you anything that would frighten you, it's not their way, many people can except what they get in their dreams and you'll find that they remain more vivid and memorable than other dreams.

I don't remember my dreams, but one's that are given to me with a message I can still recall from years ago, including one I had when I was 6 years old.

Mine are not that often (about one a month) but they all convey some kind of a message, I will do a post on it soon as this is a interesting subject to kick off the week :)

myonlyphoto said...

Thanks Peter, I will be the first to read - lol if I get here first.
Anna :)
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Roswila said...

Another interesting post! I'm mildly mediumistic. Usually with folk right after or within weeks (months at most) after they pass. And usually because they want to get in touch with a relative I know, who's blocking hearing from them out of fear or just plain emotional exhaustion. I then let the relative know their deceased loved one will be trying to get in touch, that there's nothing to fear nor will it be over taxing on their energies, and if they don't know, the various subtle ways those who've passed on may communicate. On occasion, the relative wants to know more and I share whatever was communicated to me by the deceased person.
Even my intuitions, as they seem to be even more to the point sometimes than anything the deceased person actually "said" to me. Fortunately, this sort of mediumship on my part has always been helpful to the relative (and also I suppose to the deceased person).

In the past, when I was still reading the Tarot for others, I would readily find a card preciptating a medium state. It was always a specific person trying to reach my querant. These, too, proved to be helpful.

Lastly, I have an on-going relationship with my deceased father. And have "heard" from my deceased step-mother, and other non-family folk I was close to. Strangely enough, given my focus on dreams, none of this comes through in dreams. Rather, in waking life, and almost always spontaneously when for some reason or other I'm in a light trance-like state. That is, I rarely seek the communication with the deceased person.

Oh, none of this (except for the Tarot readings and not even all of those when I was reading for others) are done for money.

Keep up these intriguing posts. :-D

Scruffyhippo said...

roswilla, you never cease to amaze me, your comments always make brilliant reading thankyou :)

Roswila said...

scruffyhippo, any brilliance is a reflection from the subject itself under discussion. :-D But thanks for your response. I do worry I go on at too much length. It's just that your posts give me an opportunity to address things I rarely speak of anymore. Suppose I could do posts on them to one of my own blogs. But it's so much more interesting to be sure someone will definitely read it all. LOL!

Lori said...

Very nice post! I belive that all Mediums are psychic, but not all Psychics are Mediums. I am currentley in the "process" of becoming an NSAC Certified Medium and loving it! Love and light to you!

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi lulu, I totally agree, but as someone that calls themself a psychic clairvoyant, I used to dislike the term, but have found it far harder to work with the higher mediumship vibration than I do sticking with what I know on a psychic level, I do have my moments but I leave the spirit world communication to those far better qualified than myself :)