Monday 10 September 2007

Awards Day

Since the beginning of last week, I have deliberated over these awards, it was a hard choice who should benefit from these awards as there are so many blogs out there.

I decided to look at one's that I use or read and have useful content as well as well presented with owners that are committed to doing their best for their blog, the other criteria I set was for blogs with no previous awards that I could see of, why? because when I got them, I was not only honoured to receive them but also, as said elsewhere, it gave me a re-newed sense of what I was doing was worthwhile.

So without further ado, in no particular order, first the Guys.

There are loads of blogs I could of given this award but had to narrow it down to two, therefore the 'Awesome Guy Blogger' award goes to Martin Reed of http://www.communityspark.com/ this blog is one I visit and comment on regularly, this guy knows his stuff when it comes to blogs and forums, and how to build a community, alot of his posts I have put into practice and follow his instruction frequently.

The second one goes to Dane Morgan of http://blogstrokes.com/ his blog is mainly to do with Wordpress, which I use on my other blogs, again I follow this and have learnt so much.

Well done Guys and keep up the good work.






Next it's the girls turn, now this was even harder, I tried to narrow it down to two but it just wasn't going to happen, so we have three.

Firstly we have the lovely Roswilla aka Patricia Kelly of http://roswila-tarot.blogspot.com/, who runs what I consider one of the most enlightening and informative tarot blogs there is, she also runs two others ( the links are on the one listed here.

Next comes two relatively new ones but again the posts I have been reading shows great things to come, they are Karen W's http://www.listenfromwithin.com/ and Julia Stonestreet Smith with her http://leoninetimes.blogspot.com/ both different, both promise to be blogs I will be following.

Well done Girls, hope this is the start of many awards :)






And lastly the special 'Nice Matters' award, I felt that at this time I could only award this once, although no doubt in the future there may be another round of awards to give out :)

This goes to Pat and Daniel at http://purpleladycentre.blogspot.com/ , Pat & Daniel run live workshops as well as four blogs, a very busy group, I will be meeting Pat soon as we will asking them to run a workshop for our centre later this year.

Well done Pat, and may the light always be with you :)




For those named in this post please copy your award image and display on your blog with pride :)





What some of the award winners have said;.......

leoninetimes First Award

Karens First award

Blog Strokes First Award.

10 comments:

Julia Stonestreet Smith said...

thanks for the award!!

YOU ROCK!

j

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Wow, Scruffyhippo thanks so much!!! My first award, I'm so excited! :) I wanted to thank you too for all your comments on my blog. I often wonder if anyone is actually reading it, and then you post a little comment at just the right time, and it gives me that boost I need in order to keep plugging away.
I'm enjoying reading your wondeful blog as well.
Thanks again!
Karen

Roswila said...

Wahoooo!!!! My award is up on my blog. Thanks. Been a looooooong time since I've been called either rockin' or a girl. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the award and kind comments! I am flattered to even be mentioned, and am in some great company.

- Martin Reed

Scruffyhippo said...

Julia, your very welcome :)

Karen, you certianly deserve the award, no low profile now :)

Roswilla, It actually fits in how I talk, I call all ladies 'Girls' lol :)

Hi Martin, glad you could pop along for your award, see, all your work doesn't go un-noticed ;)

myonlyphoto said...

Congrats to all, and good luck with your blogger journeys. Anna :)

Patricia McNally said...

Hi thanks Scruffyhippo. We have never had an award before....we are over the moon. So excited Thanks for all the nice comments. We are looking forward to meeting you soon. Love, Light and Peace

Scruffyhippo said...

Purple Lady, you are very welcome :)

myonlyphoto said...

Hey Peter just letting you know, results are out on my blog. Anna :)

Scruffyhippo said...

Thanks anna, I shall pop across and have a look :)