Sunday 23 September 2007

New Home Coming

Well after much heart searching and deliberation, I have decided to move this blog, so in the near future Scruffyhippo's Blog will be on Wordpress with a new look.

Since I re-done the main website I really wanted to have the blog looking the same but with blogger that's impossible and I am now learning how to create a wordpress theme from scratch.

It should be no big deal as I have learnt my basic php coding on phpbb forums and created the website theme based on the forums, the pictures below will give you an idea what the blog will look like once it's all done, a cleaner and brighter look.





This is the current Home page











This is the forums theme







In the mean time I will still be posting here so keep an eye out for more unique articles




7 comments:

myonlyphoto said...

Peter you are genius, did you just learn php? If you do, then I should learn some too if it is easy to do it. Love your purple theme. Just out of curiosity, why wordpress? Anna :)

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi anna, php is not as easy as html, but once you get your head around it, it's not to bad, i have been learning it for about 3 years, but I started with phpbb2 forums, a lot harder than wordpress

Why wordpress? well my other blog is on wordpress, and because I can host my own means I can fully customise it, plus you can have pages as well as posts :)

Scruffyhippo said...

Oh by the way anna in the near future I am thinking of doing a blog for coding html and php for beginners :)

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Peter, we look forward to seeing the next dimension from all at GO! Smell the flowers..

Scruffyhippo said...

Thanks Jim, or is it Em :) it may be a little while yet as time is somewhat limited.
But it is happening and can see the results unfolding on my offline server already :)

myonlyphoto said...

Peter, made up my mind, I will learn wordpress, don't know yet when, lol, my task list is big, but I think this is the best route to go now. Thanks for your help. And after you do this blog, you let me know, I will be your first reader, lol and student. Anna :)

Scruffyhippo said...

Brilliant anna, I will let you know when I start :)