Thursday 4 January 2007

And the earth moves on

Something struck me this afternoon as a payed a friend a visit on a local farm, (no not a rock) how the earth is in continual flux even in small ways.

I parked opposite his workshop by a massive pile of sand, today is very windy and has been so since yesterday, I suppose I was there about half an hour and driving back home notice a yellow tint on the bonnet of my dark blue car, where it has been raining before my visit the sand the wind had blown about had stuck the the wet spots on the car and had come back with me the 20 minute drive to my cottage, I've just been outside to get something from the car and it's now gone... re-claimed to the land.

Ok it's only tiny grains of sand but this shift of material goes on all over the world in small forms as well a deserts shifting about, so somewhere in my drive or garden are small pieces of land mass that came from who knows where and no doubt there is some of my garden or drive in lands far away!!

No comments: