Sunday 7 January 2007

Silver or Gold?

This started out as a straight forward post about car colours but my mind started to go off at a tangent (as it does)and made me think a bit further on it so I will post here my thoughts first, it's interesting how my mind works sometimes but I will explain.

For years I said I didn't want a yellow or red car, the logic eludes me now but the point is I ended up with an orange one so had both.

This made me think of a section in the Diana Cooper book I have been reading about how our subconscious doesn't pick up on negative words, therefore taking it as 'I want a yellow or red car' rather than 'I don't want a yellow or red car' I suppose according to that rule I should of said ' I would rather have any colour other than yellow or red', which is a more positive statement, this comes across in affirmations too, it's needs to be positive to work the way it should so if you are happy where you are living don't keep saying to yourself 'I don't want to move' as the don't gets left out and you could find yourself living elsewhere without really knowing why, it does throw a spanner in the works as we all do it and add certain words to our convo's and thoughts without even realising it, so I think the reason I ended up with an orange van was because of this.
I always believed the subconscious mind to be a very powerful part of us and with genuine belief and application makes anything possible, but to say we don't register negative words explains a lot to me, think about it next time, how you phrase something you really want, or something you are trying to do that you keep repeating to yourself, do you use a negative word?.

Anyway that out of my system back to the question, which is about cars and colour. If you were buying a new or used car does the colour affect your decision?....... if so what colour do you prefer a car to be, and what one would you most avoid?...... and why?

This question does have a reason as at the moment I an reading up on colour in our lives and how we relate to it, and colour therapy, which I am doing a webpage on at the moment, and according to a recent auto magazine survey the most popular new car colour is Silver and the least popular is Gold!

No comments: