Friday 5 January 2007

Aura / Kirlian Photography

I have spent most of this evening researching this subject again, the main reason is I want a kirlian camera here for this years summer psychic event, six months ago I knew very little about this subject and learnt so much last year, decided to put it into practice this year at the event.

Last year we had an open 9 day summer psychic event held at my place here in the Essex countryside, and due to the success of the first one, I am planning this years already, last year we did an aura workshop and thought it would be good to have an aura camera here to take pictures of peoples aura, so after many e-mails and phone calls managed to find someone that had one, I even looked at buying one, then the questions in my head started!, being a person that like to know what things are started my reseach on Aura and Kirlian Photography, whats the difference?, how good are they?.... what I found out in the following weeks suprised me. Aura and Kirlian Photography are not the same thing!!!....... before I go into what I am doing research for now, (oh and by the way I cancelled the aura camera person last year!) I will post a section from a Kirlian Photography website last year, and I quote;

Kirlian photography is contact photography. The object to be photographed must touch the film directly. There is a camera on the market that takes pictures of a subjects head and torso and shows coloured lights around the person (an Aura Camera). Sometimes this unit is falsely marketed as a Kirlian camera. That camera inputs information about electrical skin resistance from the hand, and a computer uses those numbers as inputs in a formula that tells the camera what colours to use. Coloured lights are then projected onto Polaroid film. The "aura" would show up regardless of anyone posing for the picture. The skin resistance information this unit displays would be more usable as a chart, rather than an "aura". True Kirlian photography displays vastly more useful information, and does not rely on gimmicks or false advertising.

To show you the difference of the 2 there are two pictures below showing how these cameras reproduce an image, the first is the result from a Kirlian camera, the second from an aura 'camera'




There is evidence that Kirlan photographs do give indications of the health and emotional changes in living things by changes in the brightness, colour, and patterns of light. At the University of California Center for Health Sciences, a plant's leaf showed changes when being approached by a human hand and pricked.
Even when part of the leaf was cut off, the glowing portion of the amputated portion still appeared on film.
Other researchers have found that changes in the emotional conditions of humans can be detected by changes in the brightness, colour and formation patterns in the photographs. When psychic healers were photographed flares of light were seen streaming from their fingertips as they performed their respective activities.

On the other hand (excuse the pun) an aura camera, via it's electrodes connected to your fingers is 'predicting' the colour of your aura, it is NOT a photograph of your aura colours, as it said above , your don't even need to be in the picture

A real Kirlian hold no false promises, in fact a basic unit only works in black and white ( the colour is enhanced) but after my research it is the only one I would now use.
This year we will have one to test out, if I can't hire one I will buy or make one ( yes I do have the plans and circuits and a bit of a wizz with a soldering iron) so will let you know the outcome.

In the mean time (I know I will get shot down for this too) if you are considering spending £25.00 on an aura photo at a psychic fair, treat it as for what it is....entertainment!!!

2 comments:

Roswila said...

Thanks for making these distinctions clear. I remember seeing Kirlian plant photos many years ago and being tremendously moved by them. I adore plants and knew long before it was "popular" that my loving and talking to them is why plants do so well in the low light situation in my home. Then, once I got third degree Reiki and started also offering them (and cut flowers) Reiki ... wow.

Ooops. That's a bit off subject. Thanks for this post. :-)

Scruffyhippo said...

Don't worry about going 'off topic'.
There will be time a heading here has nothing to do with what I posted, master of off topic me :)