Thursday 4 January 2007

My Thoughts on The Five Reiki Principles

The Five Reiki Principles

BY DR.MIKAO USUI


As much as possible I follow these precepts but I am human too!

I - Just for today, I will not be angry.

Anger at others or oneself or at the whole world, creates serious blockages in one's energy. It is the most complex inner enemy.
I must admit that even now I feel anger well up inside, not normally directed at people but more the way the system treats people, ok you could say people are at fault and I suppose you are right but it's a bit like an invention, no one person can claim they invented something because their invention is more than likely a group of many other inventions, they just happen to bring together many other things to create a new object or material, I suppose the biggest problem I have is seeing how people are told what to do ( or not to do) by friends, family and even the system in which they live, advice is one thing, but the "you must do this" or "you can't do that" additude don't wash with me what gives someone the right to think they know better than the person themselves, ok we all make mistakes but isn't that all part of our life lessons?... ok will get off me soapbox now.

Letting go of anger. brings Piece into the Mind.


II - Just for today, I will not worry.

While anger deals with past and present events, worry deals with future ones. Although worry is not always a negative phenomena, endless worries may fill one's head, and each one bores a small hole in one's body and soul.
I remember an old saying about worry breeds worry, and it's so true, you start off worrying about a small thing which leads to a dozen other things and before long you find yourself worrying about 20 or 30 things you was'nt worrying about 4 hours ago

Letting go of worry, allows more time and energy to do what needs doing.


III - Just for today, I will be grateful.

Be grateful from your heart inwardly. Inner intention is the important element in this principle. Simple things as thanks, forgiveness, smiling, good words, gratitude, can improve others lives and make them happy.

Being thankful brings Joy into the Spirit.


IV - Just for today, I will do my work honestly.

Support yourself and your family respectably, without harming others. Earn a respectable living, live a life of honour.
Ok this sound pretty straight forward but as a tarot reader it's easy to charge to much for second rate readings, but is far better to charge a reasonable rate for a reading from the heart, it gets you a better feedback, and don't forget those extra hours you booked at work you didn't do will come back on you one day!!

Working Honestly brings Abundance into the Soul.


V- Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.

Honour your parents, honour your teachers, honour your elders, and above all the animals and creatures of this world, plants too should be seen as worthy to your respect too, I still feel guilty when I swot a fly or spray the ants nest in the airing cupboard, and apologize to the weeds I pull from the garden!!.

Being Kind brings Love into the Will.

http://www.reikifed.co.uk/

2 comments:

Roswila said...

Thanks, scruffyhippo! I just visited and what is the first thing I read "Just for today I will not be angry..." I've really been working at letting go of anger and replacing it with blessings. Here, I offer you gratitude. I've actually printed all five of the principles. I have third degree Reiki and it is good to be reminded of these principles, as well as to use the Reiki. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this ScruffyHippo! :)