Wednesday 10 January 2007

Think it Over

While I was waiting for the traffic to move off from the traffic lights I watched a little girl by the bus stop who saw a man drop part of his newspaper as he walked by. Instantly, she bounced to her feet, picked up the section, caught up with him and - without a word - handed the paper to him. The man thanked her graciously. She went back to her seat, grinned and put her head in her mother's lap. The mother patted her daughter and smiled approvingly.

Whatever happened to good manners?

Watching the child's thoughtfulness in action brightened my day, because sometimes we wonder whether somebody held a funeral for good manners and we didn't get an invitation.

Even when you do try to be nice these days people look at you as though you must have a motive for being nice!

It also reminded me of a website I found some time ago and have been trawling our website looking for it, well thankfully it's still there and thought I would post this as the 'Thought for day'

Think It Over

3 comments:

Roswila said...

"Life is a chain of moments, it isn't only survival...." That one hits me personally rather deeply.

Lovely site. I do seem to recall coming across it some time ago and I thank you for finding it. I'll post a link to it soon on my blogs and email it to some folk.

BTW, I was just saying to my roommate that I always wear the same old "shmatas" as I'm retired now and rarely go anywhere but shoppingor an occasional lunch in the neighborhood. And that I want to save my "good" clothes for other occasions. LOL! This site's message certainly pushed the pause button on that thinking ....

Richie said...

Excellent post. Brought a smile to my face. Despite all the stupidity there are still lots of good people around.

Scruffyhippo said...

I'm glad you both liked it, I will post another one soon