Thursday 4 January 2007

Windows to the soul

I remember reading somewhere that your eyes are the windows to the soul, I must admit I always look at the eyes when reading for someone, it tells me so much more.
Our senses tell us hundreds of thing every minute of the day, thousands of snippets of information are processed by our mind and stored, our sense of sight is a very powerful tool, images and colour instill different feelings within us, they can make us feel sad and they can make us feel happy.

I had an E-mail this morning from someone (we will call them Bob for the purpose of this post)
that feels they have had contact with the spirit world but seems to be an unwilling recipient, they go on to say they see visions and images given to them, and goes on to say they don't believe in tarot or anything man-made but except the spirit are in contact with them.
Bob is what is known as a natural Clairvoyant, which means literally 'to see' so if or when he decides to develop his gift further will be given most of his information by way of images and symbols.

There was one part of the e-mail that drew me attention and inspired this post, and I quote " I don't believe in tarot or anything man-made".......

A simple phrase but I think tarot has been misunderstood by far to many people for years, tarot cards are not some dark or spooky means of seeing your future or predicting the fate of those around you,....there are pictures on a piece of card!!! Tarot are nothing without a good reader, going back to our sense of sight and how we feel by what we see, and what we have stored up there in our memories...

One of the first things I say to anyone wishing to learn to read tarot cards is pick ones you like, don't pick them because everyone else you know uses them, pick one that you are drawn to with images, symbols and pictures you like and connect with, this is itself starts you off ahead of many by stirring your feelings ( and you deeper mystical side) and your own experiences to each card, with new students I take away the book they get with the cards and teach them to work intuitively (no I don't throw the book away, I give it back after the lesson) I will give you an example later!

So in a way Bob is missing out on one of the best connection mediums there is, I know some of you out there are saying do I think that there is a spirit picking the cards then? well not as such but I don't believe in luck or coincidence either.
Many Mediums I know work with cards and why not, the more information you can give someone the better, I myself although a tarot reader first, get far more from the cards as a medium than I would without them!

The link below is a row of pictures, ones I use in tarot and psychic workshops, do you read? how would you read the pictures in the link? how do they make you feel?

Picture Link Page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings again! I'm sure if you've stopped by my Arboreality blog, you've noticed my affinity for trees.

When I looked at the images you shared, I found myself drawn to what is not visible in each image: what's floating in the mist, what the bees are doing in the blossoms, what the hands look like that sculpt the bonsai... crawling around in the shade, wandering the fields, and peeking through branches at the light.

I'm not sure how I would "read" these images just as they are, apart from looking beyond the tree to find the interactions breathing around each one.

In response to the rest of your post, being new to tarot myself I found that when I was ready to step beyond a nagging interest in tarot and a desire to put my hands on a deck, was the point at which I found a deck whose images really spoke to me!

Scruffyhippo said...

Hi jlb, thankyou for your input, I hadn't yet visited your blog, but now having done so can see your infinity with the tree pictures.

If you had to choose one picture which represented you, which one would it be?

jib's Blog